Searching

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

The Minefields of Life



“Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all. Psalm 34:19


I have heard said, when you becomes a believer, all trials will cease, all troubles will go and life here on earth will be a great big happy place.  This may sound nice to the listener but it certainly is not scripturally sound.  

The believers promise is one of faith.  We believe one day all tears will be wiped away and the sorrows we face today will go the way of the tears. GONE!  “He maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.” Matthew 5;45.  While we live on this present earth all will have trials of sorrow for, Many are the afflictions of the righteous”

One might say, what is the good in being saved if sorrows remain?  This can be answered by two facts of promises.  1. The believer is not alone.  They have a Friend that sticks closer than a brother, who makes His abode within them, guiding them through the minefields of life.  2. The believer has the promise of wonderful tomorrow which is imminently at the door.

No matter what the believer faces here and now we have the wonderful promise, the LORD delivereth him out of them all.


There are many not a few,
Trials we must face.
I know as I walk with GOD,
It is so, even in my case.

But I’m not worried, and I do not fret.
He is always by my side.
Taking care of all I face.
Through His love, I will survive.



“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment