Searching

Monday, April 14, 2014

3. Springs of Living Water


“And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.”  Psalm 1:3

I had no hope of blooming,
beside a dried up brook. 
No leaves or flowers beauty.
I was ugly and mistook. 

I tried with all my effort,
To make myself look good,
But even with that effort,
I was just a piece of wood. 

How sad I’ll be forever,
In this lowly state. 
No hope of being pretty,
It seems to be my fate! 

I need the Holy Gardner,
To pull up this dead seed,
And plant it by His River,
Then I know I will succeed. 


What a wonderful description of the one that is regenerated in Christ. Like a tree unproductive, uprooted and replanted by “rivers of water”, so is the one that is “born again” uprooted and changed completely by one sip of the Living Water, JESUS!  

Cultivating around a dead tree will not revive it anymore more than the person that tries by their own effort to change and find peace with GOD. Someone other than themselves must do the fertilizing.    


Only Christ can change a broken and unproductive soul that is dead in sin and change it into one that “never withers” but is brought to everlasting life through springs of Living Water!!! 
“If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.”  John 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment