Searching

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Don't Pray and Faint

For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.” Psalm 31:22

I dare not try to speak of the thoughts of David when he wrote this, but I can for my own.  I think sometimes we put people like David and other great Saints of GOD in a much higher place then they are meant to be.  They are our examples and encouragement.  They were imperfect people living like ourselves, by faith. While we are here in this world we will always have to deal with the flesh.  We will always have to deal with doubt and fear.  Haste is the enemy of the saint!  Sometimes we just need to stop and take a breath, gather our thoughts on the promises of GOD, understand who He is, and wait. “For I said in my haste”

Too often we pray and faint.  I know this sounds like a foolish statement but that is exactly what we do.  One minute we reach out to GOD the next minute we are asking, where is He or what can be holding Him up?  We wonder if our lives aren’t living up to GOD’s expectations of us. We think GOD must not understand our situation while at the same time we claim He knows all. “I am cut off from before thine eyes:”

Oh listen my friend and be thankful for the, “nevertheless”!  Nevertheless, no matter how we are feeling, GOD not only hears, but He is also acting on our request.  Faith without patience is not faith at all.  Faith is braided with trust!  Today if you are waiting on answers here is something to consider. GOD is beyond time, time has no effect on Him at all.  Because of this His answer is always in the now.  In the moment we speak or is even brew in our hearts the request, it is answered.  “nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.”


I asked of GOD and it was done,
But waiting was a little hard.
O foolish me, I lacked in trust,
I gave GOD so little regard.

GOD always does what He has said
No matter the way we feel.
When by faith we know He heard,
His answer will be so real.


“I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.” Psalm 40:1






No comments:

Post a Comment