Searching

Monday, July 17, 2017

Tongue-Lip-Syndrome

Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.” Psalm 34:13


Much has been said in the Bible about the tongue. It of course is speaking about what comes out of the mouth, the tongue giving the ability to speak. I wish I could say a few, but many times I would be better off if my tongue was missing so what I speak could not be heard.

We understand by what David wrote, we don’t need to cut out our tongue but we need to control it.  How sad it is for those that have no ability to speak out loud and just as sad for those of us that have the ability to use it, and instead of using it for edification, use it for evil. “Keep thy tongue from evil”

Confession is good for the soul.  Knowing this fact and knowing what has come out of my mouth, I need a bug lip!  I know what you are thinking.  You may say just as I do, “as I spoke, I couldn’t believe what I was saying”.  “Somehow it just came out”.  Sometimes it comes out without meaning what we were trying to say, but never the less, it was there and you own it. “and thy lips from speaking guile.”

I have drawn a couple of conclusions concerning the tongue-lip-syndrome.
First, our inability to have complete control shows us our need of the Savior. It is a picture of our fallen nature.  Second, if we put into our minds things that build us up rather than trash we will have a much better chance of controlling these members of our body. 


I can’t believe I said that,
It just came flowing out.
Sometimes the things I say,
Make me want to shout.

Sometimes I shout in victory,
At other times in shame.
But what I have said,
There is no one else to blame.


For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:” 1 Peter 3:10


  


No comments:

Post a Comment