Searching

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

I Rest My Case


“Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.” Psalm 37:7

The best advice is sometimes hard to take especially when we are in some type of heartache.  We cry and wrestle with ourselves, we try to make sense of what is going on and make things twice bad. Putting ourselves completely at rest in the LORD is the kind of advice that will calm the mind and free the soul. “Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him:”

It is easy to compare our situation with that of others.  We wonder and fret over the the reasons why others are so much better off.  In reality we really don’t know what it is like to be in someone else's shoes and we only see ourselves as victims without a cause. “fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way”

It is difficult when we see the world prosper while they live lives that are full of sin. The believers prosperity is in CHRIST, we are the winners.  There is nothing the world has that can compare to the victory we have in JESUS. We are aliens in a foreign land. This world is not our home. We look for a better place! “because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.”

Trials can rage against a soul,
But resting in the LORD brings peace.
Trying to fight it on our own.
Will cause our heartache to increase.

What others have can cause us  pain
If we fret and wonder why.
But to understand what we have in CHRIST
Will completely satisfy.

“I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.” John 14:18-21

No comments:

Post a Comment