Searching

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Comfort is Coming

Lord, how long wilt thou look on? rescue my soul from their destructions, my darling from the lions.” Psalm35:17


Oh how many times I have asked this question and I’m sure it is the same for you. I would like to give you an astounding theological answer but I’m not a theologian nor do I claim to have an understanding as to why at times GOD makes us wait, but He does.  Remember, Job’s troubles were not instantly over so we shouldn’t suppose ours will.  The one thought I do have is this, GOD is not governed by time, He is out of it.  So in reality GOD always answers instantly.  Lord, how long wilt thou look on?

David never doubted that GOD wasn’t going to answer and deliver him, he just wanted it done right away, so his troubles would end.  Faith keeps the believer going.  Knowing the promise that our LORD said He would never leave or forsake us gives us the power to have patients and wait upon Him for deliverance. “rescue my soul from their destructions”

How precious our lives are to us.  David uses the expression, “My Darling” when speaking of himself. Our desire is to be free from troubles, free from the tormentors of our souls but my friend there is no way to sugar coat what we were promised.  “If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.” John 15:18-19


Oh, Comfort is coming,
You can be sure peace will arrive.
Your GOD, He hasn’t forgotten.
He is ready, He’s alive!

In power you will see Him!
His strength He will make known!
Never fret or worry,
If you are one of His own.


But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.” John 15:26-27






No comments:

Post a Comment