Searching

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

A Full Cup

“They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.” Psalm 36:8

Within a person is the desire to find satisfaction.  Contentment is what drives the soul and causes us to dream of bigger and better lives.  When we try to satisfy our lives with temporary things our satisfaction never lasts. These little satisfactions of the flesh please us at first but always end.  Just as the flesh dies so do our dreams of satisfaction.  For the person that seeks CHRIST, “They shall be abundantly satisfied”.

Little satisfactions are imposters of the abundant satisfaction of GOD.  They tease us into thinking we are happy.  They fill our cup a quarter full we only get a sip.  Why diet real satisfaction when you can have, “the fatness of thy house”.

I thought I knew satisfaction before I was saved but had no idea of riches of GOD’s grace.  In the past I sought after my satisfaction but after salvation satisfaction became a river that continually flows through my soul. A never ending river that will carry me to the throne of GOD. “thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.”

There is a craving in the heart of man
That keeps harping at his soul.
He wants to be satisfied in all he does.
In his heart he wants to be whole.

Seeking the pleasures of the flesh
Will only last a while.
But you will find satisfaction’s peace
When in CHRIST you reconcile.      

“I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” John 10:9-10









No comments:

Post a Comment