Searching

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

The Perpetual Love of GOD

“O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart.” Psalm 36:10

To understand the lovingkindness of GOD we must consider our own character and how utterly disgraceful we are.  GOD loves us even when we are unlovable and saves us through His mercy and grace.  He delivers us through no merit of our own but through the shed blood of His only begotten SON!  It is that same love that keeps us under His care. Out of our love for GOD we serve Him not to keep ourselves secure but to love Him back and be thankful for what He has done and is doing.  He alone keeps us, He alone through His tender love secures us eternally. “O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee”

Make no mistake about it David is speaking about people that have put their trust in GOD not to those that continue in their sin.  These are the righteous,  those made perfect through the SON and kept by His power.  The blessings of GOD are only for those that have been blessed through the SON. “and thy righteousness to the upright in heart.”

Why GOD loves me I do not know
But I’m so thankful that He does.
HE made me righteous through His SON,
While knowing what I was.

Amazing Grace is what I sing,
For now and evermore.
HE keeps me by His perfect love
Since HE brought me through the Door.

“For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.” Ephesians 3:14-19



No comments:

Post a Comment