Searching

Friday, September 4, 2015

JESUS DESTROYS FEAR - Psalm 18:5

The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me.” Psalm 18:5

 

Before my salvation “The sorrows of Hell” were on my mind. I was constantly faced with what death would be. I felt the rope of the executioner around my neck. I was bound with the devil’s fetters. Chains were wound about me; I was altogether in fear of the future.

 

I was as a wild beast being pursued. Traps were set and I fell into them. I was always on alert but not seeing I fell and was captured by the evil schemes of the devil. I knew I was a sinner without Christ. The hope of the lost is death and Hell.

 

I never felt the need for Jesus until I realized how wicked I really was. Until we quite pretending how perfect we are and we see how pure and wonderful Jesus is, and all that He has done for us, only then can we taste the sweet freedom and peace God has for us.

 

The sorrows of death had choked me.

It was fear that controlled my being.

Jesus took the sorrow of death from me.

Now life is the sweetest ever seen.

 

My heart is now full of happiness,

My thoughts are only good,

I know Jesus has completely saved me,

Yet, His love is not understood.

 

Such grace I cannot explain it,

And the freedom that I now feel.

But, I’m thankful for now and forever,

To JESUS, who I made my appeal!

 

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13

No comments:

Post a Comment