Searching

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Written Word

“The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid.”  Psalm 18:4

Floods of trouble and the waves of fear wash upon the shores of our lives; they seem to be ever present.  One wave after another they hit our banks causing misery for us and those we are surrounded by.

When death knocks on the door of our life and we are faced suddenly with the thought of this life’s end, we know it is all out of our hands, there is nothing we can do. 

Oh my friend today there is a help that never leaves even in the darkest of days.   “There is a fountain filled with blood drawn from Immanuel’s veins;”  “Ever since by faith I saw the stream Thy flowing wounds supply, Redeeming love has been my theme, And shall be till I die:”

There are no great lights, visions of splendor or great feelings that overcomes us.  The comfort is in One, The Word of GOD!   

There is a book that tells it all!
The words of which do guide me.
I read its words, was made clean
And The Author, He did save me!

The words of this Book never stop.
They continue each day to guide me!
They keep me straight and lead my way
So I keep this Book, close beside me!

The key my friend is don’t let it slip
From your daily reading!
Keep it close in heart and mind,
And on your knees keep pleading!

Is there anything more important than the Word of GOD?  Is there anything that should take its place in our lives?  Do we absorb ourselves in it?  You can see below how important it was to the Apostle Paul! 

The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments. 2 Timothy 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment