Searching

Sunday, September 6, 2015

The Value of Faith


“In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.” Psalm 18:6

Are you at your wits end trying to understand why you are where you are?  Has heartache overtaken you and fear replaced peace?  Where do you go for help?  Who can you trust? 
The answer to your dilemma is of course the LORD!

It is sad for me to say that too often the LORD is the last place most of us go.  Oh, we say the quick prayer and then start trying our own methods to work things out.  We begin asking our friends for advice and sometimes we find ourselves in a pity party.

When we take things to the LORD and go on our own we have not expressed the true value of faith! “Now the just shall live by faith” and “without faith it is impossible to please GOD”!   Give it to the LORD and trust Him to do what He has already promised to do! Wait on the LORD!

There is no greater joy then when you believe by faith that GOD will answer your prayers and He does.  He speaks to our hearts when He shows Himself in His answer!

Tangled in this web I was
Smothered in defeat.  
Prostrate now I find myself,
At the Savior’s feet!

Oh what joy He heard my cry
From His Temple High.
It was JESUS CHRIST the LORD
That heard my earnest cry! 
  
Such love had never been expressed,
To this weary soul! 
Now I’m thankful for evermore.
JESUS has made me whole!


“Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; Romans 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment