Searching

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Between Earth and Heaven

“I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. Psalm 22:17

The once healthy JESUS now hangs limply on the cross.  His body fragilely hanging with His bones easily seen as He is stretched out before the world to see.  His bones seem to be coming out of His skin!

As JESUS looks at the crowd He sees those that are watching Him, some with tears but many more with a look of satisfaction.  How could it ever come to this?  Why did it have to be this way? 

This is why JESUS came!  It was of His choosing and nothing would get in the way or change His course!  How could He have loved the world so much? Even those that had such contempt for Him?  He is pure love hanging for us between earth and Heaven!

I see Him hanging between earth and Heaven.
Suffering so much, so that I might be forgiven.

I don’t understand His intense love for me.
Filthy and polluted, what good could He see?

I’m withered and broken as I see and stare.
Knowing it was my sin that put Him there!

But I thank you LORD for what you have done.
You did what I couldn’t, new life has begun!

“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”  2 Corinthians 5:21






No comments:

Post a Comment