Searching

Friday, March 25, 2016

He Hath Done This!

My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.” Psalm 22:15

As I write my thoughts for each verse of the hundred and fifty Psalms I have found this twenty second Psalm the most difficult thus far.  It has helped me as never before to understand what JESUS went through for us, not only at the cross but during His thirty three years as man!

Each day I read of the horrific events He went through and I ask myself, will it ever end?  Of course I know it does, but this time I feel a little more of what JESUS must have felt.  Even tomorrow there will be more for me to encounter as the SAVIOR endures for all of us! 

I am amazed at the LORD’s timing!  I didn’t plan on this particular Psalm for this time of the year, but GOD arranged it during Easter!  Tomorrow I resume with thoughts of the rest of the Psalm but today I must jump to the last four words of it and be comforted with the resurrection and the destruction of death! “He hath done this!”

I feel you LORD while you’re on your way.
Toward a tortuous death, what can I say?

Description of what You have done for me.
Inexpressible thoughts from my heart for Thee!

O LORD You knew my sin and desperate state.
And yet my JESUS, You didn’t hesitate!

You continued on Your destructive, tortuous path
Not thinking of self but for my escape from wrath!

Thank You JESUS!!!


“And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.” Acts 17:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment