Searching

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Safety and Hope

“But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.” Psalm 22:9

No one really knows the thoughts JESUS may have had while on the cross.  Some have said He was thinking of us, the sinners He came to redeem. Maybe He was thinking of the horrific pain He was in and the desire for it to be over.

Do you suppose He drifted back to the beginning when He first came as a baby?  Those thoughts would be something He could find comfort in.  GOD the FATHER was Mary’s midwife, “He that took Me out of the womb.” and caused Him to have “hope”!  GOD delivered Him then and He would deliver Him now as He hung on the cross.   

My mind can’t fathom 
What crossed Your mind
The day You gave all for me. 
Thoughts of horror and the pain.
As You hung on Calvary’s tree.

I do know this by what You did,
You have set me completely free.
I have Your Word, I read Your thoughts
You give safety and hope to me!

“For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.” 2 Timothy 1:12




No comments:

Post a Comment