Searching

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Obedience Isn’t Painful

“Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.” Psalm 32:9

I can’t say I have never wanted to be a horse.  But of course If it would be possible let me be a stallion, a beautiful, big, black stallion. At least that is what the boy in me would want.  When I look at pictures of these beautiful creations of GOD it inspires me.  I have however never had the desire to be a mule.  Who in their right mind would want to be a pack animal?  I know I have friends that would argue for the mule and I’m sure they would be right in their argument.  Yes, mules are also beautiful.  I write as a child, knowing I could not be either. “Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule”

While the horse and the mule may both be beautiful they also must be brought into subjection by the use of the bit and bridle.  They don’t come with the desire of obedience but through force they are brought into subjection.  “which have no understanding:”

Each pull on the reins brings pressure to the mouth and tongue of the horse/mule which brings pain. Once the animal learns relief comes by moving away from the pain it turns to obedience and relief comes. “whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle,”

I know as you are reading this you are getting the idea that we are like the horse and mule but the explanation for this verse is just the opposite.  GOD never wants you to be a horse or a mule or even to act like one.  GOD wants us to come into obedience through love for Him and the desire to receive direction for our good.  GOD never wants to whip anyone into obedience, He wants it to come natural.  If you feel you have a bit in your mouth it isn’t because GOD put it there.  It’s because you might be acting like a horse’s/mule’s butt!  Forgive the salty language.  “lest they come near unto thee.”


I felt the pain, I move away,
I went the way intended.
Not knowing I had a stubborn heart,
My pain was only extended.

When I felt the loving hand 
Of the SAVIOR, it was very splendid.
I reached out and took a hold 
And since on Him depended.


“Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.

Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.

Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.

Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.” Psalm 25:4-8


No comments:

Post a Comment