Searching

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Change Clothes and Wash the Sheets

“I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.” Psalm 32:5


Clean clothes makes the body of the one that wears them feel better.  Dirty clothing not only feels bad but it also looks bad. It is refreshing to crawl into a bed made with clean sheets.  But to slip into a bed with dirty sheets is disgusting.  It seems better to me for one to change their clothes and make their bed using clean clothes and sheets than to continue  looking and smelling bad.  While this may seem a bit strange as an example for our acknowledgment of our sins, the picture is the same.  

We can continue living a life filled with sin or we can change our clothes.  We can be miserable in our sin or we can change the sheets.  The choice is ours.  David said, “I acknowledged my sin unto thee,”

We must come to GOD completely not holding anything back.  GOD knows what we are and what we are doing.  We know what is going on in our own lives, there is nothing hidden from us.  Don’t think you can hid anything from GOD. “and mine iniquity have I not hid.”

We either continue living a miserable life or we give it all to GOD.  I’m not only talking to the lost here but also the believer that is living a life of misery because they have allowed sin to continue in their lives. “I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD;”

The greatest part of the acknowledgment  of our sin is the forgiveness we receive from GOD!  The LORD wraps us in new garments, He changes our sheets.  A person can do all they will to clean themselves up but in the end they will fail.  Only through CHRIST can one be made completely clean. “thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin.”

Wow! Just think about it!  Set free! “Selah.”


I found myself full of sin.
I’d wandered off the trail.
I felt so dirty in myself.
Living this way I’d fail.

One way to overcome,
That’s the way I took.
I asked for forgiveness,
From my LORD.
And my sin, I forsook. 


“Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel. And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.” Zechariah 3:3-4




No comments:

Post a Comment