Searching

Monday, April 10, 2017

The Shelter of the Most High

“Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.” Psalm 32:7


People hid themselves from their troubles in many different ways.  Whether it be a bottle or a pill, it never works.  Some hid themselves in work and others in play.  Some by extracting themselves from society and others become involved in order to forget.  I have tried some of these and was never satisfied.  Satisfaction only comes when you can say of JESUS, “Thou art my hiding place;”

Temporary fixes are just that, temporary!  Alcohol seems to work but when the bottle is empty it leaves you worse than you were. A pill is easy to take but it  gives you false hope and pulls you under its control of dependency. Seclusion from the world never works, you are alone in your agony. CHRIST alone is where your peace comes from. “thou shalt preserve me from trouble;”

The greatest part of having trouble is when you are released from it.  While  our own vain attempts to remove trouble brings more defeat the joy of the LORD is present when it is GOD that answers our desperate prayer.  The LORD can and will put a skip in your step and a song in your heart. “thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance.”

Just think about it and let your heart cry out with joy. “Selah.”


I was wasted away in a shattered state.
I was broken deep within.
I tried to change my desperate way,
But I fell deeper in my sin.

I realized I was wasting my time,
My methods would never work.
Everything I did, seemed to fail.
I was even more berserk. 

Only JESUS can make a way
And seal your peace within.
Trust Him with all you have,
And your joy will soon begin.


“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14:27


No comments:

Post a Comment