Searching

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

All Together in Unison

“O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.” Psalm 34:3


It was apparently not enough for David to praise the LORD by himself, but he includes all that love the LORD to come and join him in his praise.  The word, magnify means to maximize or expand testifies to this fact. He must have felt he could not give due glory to GOD by himself. “O magnify the LORD with me”

Let us all, all of us that love the LORD praise Him and honor Him together.  “Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”  There is power in the multitude of believers, oh but add to that the presence of JESUS, and what can stop us from giving the FATHER the honor and praise He so deserves?  Yes, let us all testify of the wonderful things GOD has done for us, all together in unison. “and let us exalt his name together.”

Davids way of thinking was a far cry from those that say nature is their church.  I don’t know how many times I have heard someone say their church is just that as if it makes them seem spiritual deep.  GODs creation is most wonderful, it is brilliant but it will never take the place of the Church!  When someone says this to me the first thing that comes to mind is they really have no idea what being a believer is or the love CHRIST has for His Church.  


I found some peace deep in the woods,
Where I sat among the pines.
But when I asked the trees to clean my sin,
I was still guilty of my crimes.

My child fell sick and in my despair,
I called upon the brook.
But with all my tears it did not help,
My prayers, the brook forsook.

I feel bad for those that trust nature 
As their peace.
It’s CHRIST alone with His Church
That gives us quick release.


“Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.” Ephesians 5:25-27




No comments:

Post a Comment