Searching

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

The Invitation

“Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.” Psalm 34:11

There is always at least one in our midst if not many that feel the need for the LORD but continue to hesitate to yield to Him.  They may not make their need public but they are nevertheless there.  They watch us and hold to every word we say.  They are relying on those of us that have trusted and relied on JESUS to show them “The Way”.  Just as David does, we must give the invitation to all around us. “Come, ye children”

In order to give the invitation we must have the assurance in our own hearts the we are secure in CHRIST.  Once we understand our own security is sure and understand “the unsearchable  riches of CHRIST” we will have the authority and power through the HOLY GHOST to give the invitation. “hearken unto me”

We can’t expect to teach others if we haven’t learned ourselves or in this case tasted the goodness of GOD.  When it comes to spiritual things there is no better teacher than experience but experience less the HOLY GHOST is limited.  The lost person isn’t looking for your wisdom, he is looking for the supernatural wisdom and peace only CHRIST will bring. “I will teach you the fear of the LORD.”

I didn’t know they were watching,
Nevertheless they were there.
Holding to every word I said.
How much did I really care?

I didn’t know they were watching.
The way I walked my path.
Watching how I lived my life,
Would it keep them from GOD’s wrath?

Lost souls are surely out there,
Watching GOD’s elect.
Examining how we live each day,
Help my witness to perfect.


“Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;” Ephesians 3:7-8


No comments:

Post a Comment