Searching

Monday, June 12, 2017

Peace Is at "The Door"

“I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.” Psalm 34:4


I’m amazed at all the avenues taken before we realize there is really only one that we can depend on. It is the flesh that tells the believer they can do things on their own. Perhaps it is pride that makes us want to solve our own problems. How foolish it is to struggle when peace is at “The Door”.  

What a difference it is when we choose GOD and rely on Him for everything, no matter how big or how small. The LORD wants to be in every aspect of our lives. We make such poor decisions when we eliminate GOD and pursue our own way. “I sought the LORD”

The great thing about seeking the LORD is the fact the He hears. When we go our own direction, it is like echoing back to ourselves. Same ole plan, same ole answer. Doesn’t it make sense to get advice from the One that is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent? “and He heard me”

The LORD not only hears, He answers. He answers completely and precise. There is never a doubt in the outcome when GOD answers, after all He is GOD! “and delivered me from all my fears.”

While I was writing this my wife, Jacque sent what is written below to me. She had no idea what I was writing but I wanted to share what the LORD put on her heart after she posted her verse of the day. (Isaiah 46:9)

“I choose to be a slave of God, because whatever I bow down to, will keep be captive.
I choose to be captive to Love.
I will not bow down to hate.
I choose to be captive to Thankfulness,
I will not bow down to an attitude of always wanting more.
I choose to be captive to Hope.
I will not bow down to uncertainly and the feeling of being lost.
I choose to be captive to Faith and the One who gave His life for me.
I will not bow down to the things of this world.
I choose to be a captive to My Savior and the Glorious Eternity he promises.
We all have an opportunity to choose what master we will serve and where we will spend eternity.

I hope you choose Jesus!” ~ Jacque Elsom



“Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,” Isaiah 46:9

No comments:

Post a Comment