Searching

Friday, February 13, 2015

A Deceitful Image

 “God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.”  Psalm 7:11

Just how good is my righteousness?  Am I better than the one that I assume is wicked?  Has my character and integrity reached the point where I can truly say I am better than the one next to me?

We may enjoy putting ourselves in places we do not deserve.  But the fact is when it comes to being righteous there is only One that has ever accomplished such a feat, “JESUS”! 

We must not think of ourselves as better than another but be thankful we fall into the category of “righteous” because of the righteousness accomplished by JESUS!

I looked in the mirror
And I was perplexed.
I saw what I was
And I was vexed!

In my mind I thought
I was clean and good.
After looking within
I knew I had misunderstood!

It wasn't the mirror,
That made me want to flee.
I was facing the one
Who had lied to me!

Mirror, mirror on the wall
Who’s the purest of them all?
Who is righteous according to GOD?
“JESUS”, and on my knees I fall!

“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:” Romans 5:1




No comments:

Post a Comment