Searching

Sunday, February 1, 2015

A Lot of Mindfulness

“What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?”  Psalm 8:4

What draws GOD to man?  Are we so to be desired?  Are we beautiful, loving and kind?  Are our actions what cause Him to love us?  With any honesty at all when we look at ourselves we don’t find many of these qualities. 

“All our righteousness is as filthy rags” and yet the Almighty GOD is mindful of us!  He knows everything about us, good and bad!  But “GOD is love” and His desire is to fellowship with us.

JESUS, GOD incarnate made that possible by fulfilling the law, not committing sin and taking our place on the cross.  That’s a lot of mindfulness!  He doesn't care what you have done or how you have done it!  He says “come unto me all you that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest!”

Anything good about me is the JESUS you see in me!
 

Is there anything good about me,
That would cause GOD to love me?
It is certainly not my integrity
There isn't enough to see in me!

Do you suppose it is my honesty,
That prompted Him to care for me?
When I think of that possibility
All I see is my dishonesty!

Perhaps it is by the works I've done, 
Keeping the law as I've run!
To which when thinking I recall,
All the failures I've spun!

Oh but now it has comes to me.
The only way to liberty,
The reason why GOD is mindful of me.
It was CHRIST alone that died for me!

Oh such grace that GOD did give,
When He stop by to make me live. 
My song for which I’ll forever sing,
And shout forever this blessed thing! 

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”  John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment