Searching

Sunday, February 22, 2015

A Scarlet Rope

“He made a pit, and dig it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.”  Psalm 7:15

When we fall into our own pit we can see what we really are and our need for help.
Making the right choice is important.  My personal pit was ugly and I couldn't seem to find away out.

I made promises to myself to change my way but the road I was on was a circle and I always found myself back where I had started. Once I found the Door of the sheep everything changed including me!

I dug a pit to catch a prey
And put its cover on. 
Forgetting where I put the pit,
I fell inside headlong. 

Now I am here in my trap,
Wondering what I should do. 
My prey is free but I am caught.
I suppose I got my due.

It’s easy now while I’m in here,
To see the fool I've been.   
Getting caught in your own trap,
Is the cost of your sin!

I looked for help from my friends,
But none were to be found.
I sit in this darkened pit
And can not hear a sound.

But there was One that heard my cry
And sent a scarlet rope!
Now I've been lifted from this mire,
JESUS forever is my hope!

“Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”  John 10:7-10

No comments:

Post a Comment