Searching

Monday, October 24, 2016

Clams Don't Talk

“A Psalm and Song at the dedication of the house of David. I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.” Psalm 30:1


What we lift up and praise is what is at the center of our heart.  What is on our heart is we talk about.  We want to boost and show off what we have.  We gather friends together telling them of our gains.  We take pictures of what we have and distribute them for all to see.  Yet when it comes to giving GOD the glory and praise He deserves our mouths are are shut up tight as a clam shell. What is on your heart? “I will extol thee, O LORD”

I have had some complain that I talk to much of what the LORD is doing for me.  I had a professor in Bible School tell me I was going to go crazy if I didn’t stop praying and reading my Bible so much.  An English teacher asked me to start writing about something other then my testimony.  This is and was an impossibility for me to do now and then.  Listen my friends, if what happened to me has happened to you, there would be no way to keep your mouth shut. “Thou hast lifted me up”

All those that gloated over my failings have failed to conquer my soul.  CHRIST has lifted me out of deaths hand, He has placed me on higher ground and defeated all my enemies.  “O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?”  The sorrows of this place has no effect on my soul!  I’m free through JESUS. “Thou hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.”

My heart was lifted
As a desert rose.
From parched land
It’s beauty grows.

Forever thankful
I’ll express delight.
Through my JESUS
I’ve won the fight.

I’ll tell my story
Forever more.
In parched land,
To Heavens door.



“He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.” Psalm 40:2

No comments:

Post a Comment