Searching

Friday, October 21, 2016

Peace in Fear

“The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.” Psalm 29:11


The effect of hearing the voice of GOD is two fold.  While both bring fear, only one brings peace with the fear.  One wants to run and hid while the other feels the safety of GOD. 

At all times GOD is in control, over everything. He brings the storm and He calms the storm.  He shakes the earth with His voice.  The unbeliever is terrified for their life but the believer knows GOD is in control, He is always there for the saints.

The moral of the Psalm is this, when you hear the voice of GOD, don’t run from Him, run to Him!  


I’ve heard the wind howl.
I’ve seen the sky turn dark.
I’ve watched the big trees fall,
So fierce they lost their bark.

I’ve seen the waters rage,
Streams and rivers overflow.
The land went under water,
There seemed, not a place to go.

I’ve seen great bolts of lightning,
Flashing in the darkened sky.
Sounds of the cracking thunder,
Brought fear to the ear and eye. 

But there was a tranquil feeling,
That led me from my fear.
GOD will bless His people,
And GOD is always near.


“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.” Romans 8:28


No comments:

Post a Comment