Searching

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

At the Station



“And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.” Psalm 30:6


It is a dangerous thought when we look at all we have and feel we have arrived at the station of security and safety.  It is at this point when we are at the brink of a hard fall.  

We gaze over all we have and we become satisfied, we feel secure. “I shall never be moved.”  Whether it be our property, health or all our wealth, it can leave in a moment, without notice.

In the end all we have with the exception of CHRIST, will decay.  It all goes.  It rusts away and is tarnished.  Don’t trust in things, trust CHRIST!  He alone is solid. He alone is forever and He alone is our station of security and safety. 



All is mine, 
My heart did say.
All I have, 
Will always stay.

I have it all,
And all I’ll keep.
Safety sure,
And peaceful sleep.

Then it all,
Came tumbling down.
Left with sorrow,
Was all I found.

All I had,
Was gained by me.
Nothing solid,
But all debris.

All earthly things,
Will wear away.
CHRIST alone,
Will always stay.  
TRUST JESUS!


“Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.” Matthew 7:24-27


No comments:

Post a Comment