Searching

Monday, November 21, 2016

Going to the Dance

“Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;” Psalm 30:11


Is there anything more miserable than to be in a continual state of mourning?  I don’t think so.  There is nothing worse.  The groaning within is overwhelming and sorrowful thoughts camp around the heart.

Out of the darkness comes Light.  Hope is at hand.  The reality of change is at the Door.  Peace is waiting, relief is near.  JESUS speaks in our ear, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”  He is ready, how willing are you?  Why, oh why would anyone want to be miserable when they could be happy?  It is always better to be in the house of dancing then the shack of tears.  “Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing:”

There is no need to wear the dreary dark clothes mourning. The shabby garments can be changed and replaced with the bright and happy colors of gladness. “thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;” 

While we are here in our present state we will continually be faced with calamity and death.  But listen, we can have peace and hope through CHRIST. We don’t have to wait until we face dreadful things that will most certainly come our way.  None of us are immune not even the believer but the believer will endure and their grief will change to dancing.  They have the hope of what is to come.


I found myself in the house of pain,
My grief was overwhelming.
Dark thoughts and dread lie within,
My sorrower is so degrading.

Only through CHRIST did I find relief.
He turned my sorrow to dancing.
He took my clothes of dark despair,
My gladness He’s now enhancing. 

Thank you JESUS!

“Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.”  Psalm 30:5

No comments:

Post a Comment