Searching

Monday, November 7, 2016

To or Fro

I cried to thee, O LORD; and unto the LORD I made supplication.” Psalm 30:8


A good evaluation of how you stand with God is how you handle adversity.  Where do you go for support when you lose what you thought was so important?  All the sudden the things you have depended on have gone with the wind and left you with a vacant lot.  I see two avenues that are taken.  1. If you are truly a child of GOD, you will run to Him!   2. If you aren’t a child of GOD you will run from Him.  

The children of God know where their strength comes from and wast no time calling on Him for help.  They understand, “this also will pass” and tomorrow is a new and fresh day.  We know that “All things work together for those that love the LORD, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28).

The unbeliever runs to and fro, scrambling to find safety.  They place their trust in others.  They run to the educators and the philosophers.  They try all the remedies but the One that counts.  In their pride they believe they will be able to handle what they face, and they fall to pieces. 

“Run if you want to, run if you will but I came here to stay.  It’s a battle field brother not a recreation room, and I didn’t come here to play” ~ Lester Roloff 


I asked my neighbor what I should do?
And his answer was truly amiss.
I asked the doctor and the professor too.
And it didn’t get me out of the mess.

But when I bent my knee, and ask my LORD
I felt His comfort and peace.
This sorrowful day, will soon be gone.
The HOLY SPIRIT has given release.



“For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?” 1 John 5:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment