Searching

Friday, November 4, 2016

The Bull Frog Syndrome

“LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.” Psalm 30:7

We must never depend more on the blessings of GOD then we do GOD.  We have more security in GOD than the things He has blessed us with.  I understand this may sound like double talk but it isn’t.  Pride can overtake us even when we are receiving His blessings.  GOD blesses us because He loves us not because we have reached the point in our lives that makes us greater than others. “LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong:”

I have seen those that have become so prideful they have taken on the look of the bull frog, all buffed up in themselves.  There is nothing more for them to learn, they think they have reached the top, no one can tell them anything.  The bull frog syndrome effects pastors, evangelists, teachers, and folks in the pew.  No one is exempt but those who are continually trusting GOD instead of themselves. “thou didst hide thy face” 

When the blessings stop we are at our wits end.  What ever happened?  The LORD has put a pin in our side and let the air out of us.  We are deflated from a bull frog to a toad.  Our ministry is no longer thriving.  Our knowledge has left, we seem anemic. “I was troubled.”

Don’t be discouraged when GOD brings you back to reality.  It is the blessing of GOD, restoration is at your door.


I sat upon a log in the water.
All puffed up within my pride.
Chest stuck out, my eyes bulging.
Above them all, my stance implied.

Oh but then I received a gigging,
And my pride went out the door.
Not so big now, I was deflated.
Back to a toad where I was before.



“For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.” Romans 12:3

No comments:

Post a Comment