Searching

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Being Set Free

“And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room.” Psalm 31:8

One of our worst fears is being trapped. Finding ourselves in caves are very stressful, no one wants to be there.  Caves are damp, dreary places of darkness.  Our mind is on what lies outside where the enemy waits.  We wonder if the enemy, will ever leave, will we be able to escape the hole in the rocks we are?

David found himself in the cave, but the LORD set him free.  Free from fear.  He took the dampness and darkness, GOD gave him Light.  He opened the mouth of the cave to a bright blue sky where the birds sang the song of victory.  The butterflies of his stomach were released and they floated off into the flowery field. “And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy:”

The release from the bondage of the cave brings us out of our small, dreadful place into an immense place of freedom.  Our enemies are no where to be found.  GOD has distracted them, they have left, they are altogether gone.  Before us is great opportunity.  The opportunity to serve the LORD to our greatest ability.  “thou hast set my feet in a large room.” 

I’m in this cave, weary and damp.
Hard pressed, within my soul.

Please help me JESUS, roll away the rock.
And take me from this hole.


“I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place.” Psalm 118:5

No comments:

Post a Comment