Searching

Friday, December 16, 2016

Of One Accord

“Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly.” Psalm 31:9


The first step in receiving mercy is realizing you need it.  If you don’t see a need, you’ll never plead.  “Have mercy upon me”  The wisest choice is to call upon the only one that has the ability to give mercy. “O LORD”  Our own methods will cause our agony to continue.  We must humble ourselves before the righteous GOD.

There are many reasons we find ourselves in the need of mercy.  Perhaps like the “lost sheep” of Luke 15, we have wondered off and found ourselves in a desert place.  Maybe we have slipped into sin as David apparently had.  Being out of fellowship with GOD is bad but not recognizing we are, is tragic.  “I’m in trouble”  

To be estranged GOD is the most miserable state a person can be in. I speak of the one who has tasted the love and affection of the FATHER and found themselves, destitute.  The lost don’t understand because they have never had real fellowship with Him.  Once they have they will count it as the treasure of their heart and never want to part from it.  

Have you been there? Are you there now?  Is your eye, “consumed with grief” where the tears flow like the river?  Is your, “soul and my belly.” filled with a gnawing that doesn’t want to leave?  Turn it over to JESUS, He will help!

I found myself, far from GOD,
And how unpleasant it was.
The tears I had, wouldn’t stop.
The life I led, the cause.

The gnawing left, the tears were dried.
When I pleaded, before the LORD.
His mercy came, and I was freed.
Once again, we’re of one accord.  


“In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.” Psalm 18:6







No comments:

Post a Comment