Searching

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Swatting the Flies

“For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.” Psalm 31:3


Allow me to paint a picture in your mind from long ago when I was a small boy.  My older brother Sammy and I were playing in Steve Burrell’s barn.  We made little guns out of clothes pins.  I hit Sammy with one of my shots and he came running after me, he was really mad.  I responded by punching him in the face giving him a bloody nose.  As soon as I saw the blood running down his face, I ran as fast as I could to the house where Steve's mother was.  Now she was a big lady and because of her size I could hid behind her for my protection.  I would peak around her and see Sammy, his bloody face and all his anger.  But I wasn’t worried because Mrs Burrell was there protecting me with a fly swatter.  

If we want protection and safety doesn’t it make sense to run to the largest, most capable source there is?  How foolish it is to run to the lowest factions when JESUS say’s, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”.  

We must continually keep ourselves under the LORD’s protection and never be tempted to turn back to our meagerly ways.  It is imperative that we look back on the victories GOD has given in the past and remember, He is always a winner, He never looses.  

There is not a better place to be, than to have the LORD in front of us.  When we look from behind Him and see the danger we would face, He’s there, keeping us safe, swatting the flies of our lives.


It was fear, 
That brought me to the Rock.
Where I found the safety, 
For which I had sought.

It was love,
All His protecting care.
Not worried any longer, 
Of the devil’s snare.



“Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:37-39

No comments:

Post a Comment