Searching

Monday, December 12, 2016

Love and Mercy are One

“I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;” Psalm 31:7

You can’t separate mercy from love or love from mercy.  They are intertwined together, they are one.  “GOD is love”! (1 John 4:8).  His mercy declares His love, His love is so intense the human mind can not understand the potency of it.  We are shown the intensity of Gods love in the sacrifice of “His only begotten son” (John 3:16).  Love is an act, it’s an action word.  What greater act of GOD could show the kind of love He has for you? There is none!  “I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy”

If you have never felt mercy, you have never really felt love.  Mercy is essential for our salvation.  Without mercy we have no hope at all, we are doomed, we only have Hell to look forward to.  But thanks to GODs love,  mercy and peace can be found through CHRIST.  There are many folks with good intentions trying to find peace with GOD by doing good works.  Good works are wonderful but they will never take the place of what the FATHER did through the sacrifice of His SON!  When we try to work our way to satisfy our sin we are saying,  JESUS sacrificial death was not good enough.  Believe me, this is very dishonoring to GOD.  How could He not hate the one that thinks they are better than His Perfect Sacrifice?  “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9).  

GOD knows everything that goes on in your life.  Nothing escapes His attention.  If He counts your hair, (Luke 12:7) He knows when you stub your toe.  He knows when you are being attacked.  He knows when you are sick.  But until you turn your life over to Him by trusting His Son, you will never know His love and mercy. “thou hast known my soul in adversities;”


I tried my best to make things right
But my best was not enough.
I had others fooled with my attempt,
But GOD has called my bluff. 

GOD sent His Son for my relief.
On His own, He made things right.
There was nothing more I could do.
I let JESUS fight my fight!



“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.” Hebrews 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment