Searching

Friday, December 9, 2016

I Hate

“I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the LORD.” Psalm 31:6

There always seems to be a draw back when the Bible or a Christian uses the word, “hate” as if it was not to be a part of our vocabulary or the teaching of GOD’s Word.  The good student of the Bible will find this thought unreasonable.  

The fact is we would never understand hate without understanding love.  They are both emotions.  While they are both emotions they are also opposed to each other.  It is only reasonable that we hate the opposite of what we love.  The problem arises when we choose the wrong things to love.  I believe this is what David was saying when he wrote the verse. “I have hated them that regard lying vanities”

There is another word that has somehow lost its value among believers of this day, conviction.  We are driven by, cautiousness instead of conviction.  We are more worried about offending someone then we are standing for the principles of GOD.  David must have burned inside when things were contrary to the teachings of GOD, just as it was when he faced Goliath.  

“Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness” Psalm 45:7a  “The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.” Psalm 5:5  These are just a couple of verses on GODs hate of sin, there are many more.  I don’t find any cautiousness in these two inspired statements. Where do you find in these verses, God hates the sin but loves the sinner? “I trust in the LORD.”


Watered truth, will never float,
Because water logged, it is.
Half truths will never stand.
Because, they are none of His.

But all the facts are written within,
The precious Book of GOD.
Always sound in every way.
All truth, and not a facade.



“Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?  I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.  Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:” Psalm 139:21-23

No comments:

Post a Comment