Searching

Monday, January 2, 2017

Are you a Leper?

“I was a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially among my neighbours, and a fear to mine acquaintance: they that did see me without fled from me.” Psalm 31:11


Ever felt like everyone was against you?  Sometimes it seems like there is no place to go where you will be wanted, not even by those closest to you. We can expect disappointment and disdain from our enemies but it hurts the most when it’s comes from those that are closest to us. “I was a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially among my neighbours,”

Sometimes we feel like we are all alone in our misery.  We feel alienated from others.  No one seems to want to be around us or have anything to do with us.  We feel like the leper, put out of the camp. “a fear to mine acquaintance: they that did see me without fled from me.

I have drawn the conclusion to the matter in this way.  We are in this condition for either of two reasons.  1. We are living for the LORD, not allowing the things of the world to get in-between us and Him.  2. We feel this way because of sin in our lives, un-confessed sin of the past as well as sin of the present.  Sin haunts us and destroys our relationships. 


Where have they gone, all my friends?
My heart has sunk, to utter ends.
I feel abandoned, no one to care.
Please help me LORD from my despair. 

Where have they gone, that loved me so?
My heart is broken, I have no place to go.
Forgive me LORD, for the things I’ve done,
And to Your sweet grace, help me run.  


“See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.” Ephesians 5:15-16




No comments:

Post a Comment