Searching

Friday, January 13, 2017

The Vipers Venom

“For I have heard the slander of many: fear was on every side: while they counsel together against me, they devised to away my life” Psalm 31:13


Better are the words of the pure in heart than those of the slanderous person.  Malicious gossip is worse than fire in a dry field.  It will start with a spark but soon surrounded you with flames. “For I have heard the slander of many: fear was on every side:”

The mouths of those that choose to vilify and assassinate the character of another are full of the vipers venom.  Gathered together they devise ways to spread scandalous stories upon their prey. “they counsel together against me”

The mind of those that spread gossip are deceived into thinking what they are doing is right, but it never is.  There has never risen an occasion when it is right to lie or exaggerate the shortcomings of another.  We would be wise to listen to my grandmother that used to say, “If you can’t say something nice about a person, keep quite” ~ Esther Prader



I hear their words that tarnish and taint.
Hard pressed deception without restraint.

Everywhere lies seem to fly and flow.
Teasing the minds of the foolish foe.

They laugh and clap at the scandalous talk.  
Where can I hid from their malicious stalk? 



“Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.” Psalm 32:7

No comments:

Post a Comment