Searching

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Faith Wipes Shame

“Let me not be ashamed, O LORD; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.” Psalm 31:17


Any decision the believer makes separate from the guidance of GOD will cause failure and failure most defiantly causes shame.  We broadcast to the world of our dependence upon GOD and at the same time try to take on our troubles without Him.  The world asks, ‘Where is your GOD?’ and we hang our heads in shame because we have misrepresented Him.  Our dependence on self wipes from our heart the essence of real worship, “The just shall live by faith”. “Let me not be ashamed, O LORD;”

The substance of our faith is revealed in the evidence of GODs answer.  When our faith is weak our answers will be likewise.  When we step out in faith and trust the One that promised an answer, the answer will most certainly come with the evidence it is from the Most High. “for I have called upon thee:” 

It is the wicked that is to be ashamed not the believer.  The wicked maneuver their own lives, the believer allows GOD to have control over theirs.  We step back into the camp of the wicked when we live our lives without faith. “let the wicked be ashamed”

The voice of the one that lives by faith speaks forever.  Their words will be heard for an eternity.  They will glorify their GOD around His throne in His presence.  As far as the wicked are concerned, “let them be silent in the grave.”


The only shame I’ve ever felt,
Was caused by me alone.
But when I put my trust in GOD,
My shame is overthrown.

GOD closes the mouths of sceptic fools
When in His Word, I faithfully trust.
I’m lifted up to GOD’ throne above
While the sceptic to the grave is thrust.


“For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.” Romans 1:17







No comments:

Post a Comment