Searching

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Never Gone, Never Forgotten


To all that read my blog and these posts, understand that I take the verses in the order they come.  I started with Psalm 1:1 and have went verse by verse since that time.  While I believe there is good spiritual content in my writings they are not to be considered commentary but rather the thoughts I have after prayer and meditation. 



Never Gone, Never Forgotten


“I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel.” Psalm 31:12

While there are many things that are more stressful, there are few that cause the heart to ache as much as the feeling of being forgotten about.  I believe we all need to know others care and have need for us.  Many times this feeling of being forgotten is in our minds but it doesn’t make it any easier to deal with it. “I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind:”

The mind begins to play tricks on us.  We wonder what we did to deserve the separation we now have.  What did I do?  There must have been a misunderstanding.  Where did they all go that used to be at my side, they that admired and followed me? We think ourselves into a pit, a pit so deep it becomes hard to climb out. “I am like a broken vessel.”

Hear the answer to your heartache and troubles.  There is one, “that sticketh closer than a brother.”  One that has promised, ’I will never leave you nor forsake you.’  When all others leave, He will be there, never gone, never forgotten!  JESUS, always and forever!  Trust Him today!

I looked around and they were gone,
All those I thought that loved me.
They disappeared and left me behind,
I’m hurt with their insincerity.

But there is One who never leaves,
He sticks closer than a brother.
When I look behind, He’s always there
And peace, He’ll always usher.

“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.” John 14:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment