Searching

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

And Joy Returns

“But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth: I humbled my soul with fasting; and my prayer returned into mine own bosom.” Psalm 35:13


How others treat us should never cause us to treat them with the same contempt. “But as for me”

Instead of hatred we are to put on righteousness and love others as we do ourselves.  “Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.” (Matthew 22:39b)  We must ask ourselves, how do we feel under times of hurt and treat others in the way we answer that question.when they were sick”

We show our love by our actions, and not only with our words.  my clothing was sackcloth: I humbled my soul with fasting”

When we go to the deepest part of ourselves praying in earnest for others, especially for those that treat us poorly, the LORD gives us the blessing just as if we had prayed for ourselves, and our joy returns. “my prayer returned into mine own bosom.”


I was hurt by the pain they caused,
My joy had fled away.
I listened to the Word of GOD,
And for them I began to pray.

Now the joy it has returned,
The pain has left my side.
I’m thankful I had trusted GOD,
It was my joy He multiplied. 



“But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you Matthew 5:44

No comments:

Post a Comment