Searching

Monday, September 25, 2017

Rejection Shouldn’t Surprise You

“They rewarded me evil for good to the spoiling of my soul.” Psalm 35:12


When I think of David the first thought that comes to my mind is how he killed Goliath.  He was but a little red headed boy with a sling and three smooth stones who uttered the words, “Is there not a cause”.  I think of the ten thousands of the Philistines he slew. And I think of the dedication and love he had for his king. Such sadness there is in these words he wrote, “They rewarded me evil for good”.

It seems impossible to understand after all he did for those he loved, it was those he loved that turned on him.  There is much heartache when the ones closest to you, turn on you.  I can’t put it better than David put it when he wrote, it was “the spoiling of my soul.”

This of course is the same thing that happened to JESUS only to a much greater degree.  As believers we are indwelled with the Spirit and should expect the same for ourselves.  You can be sure if you are living for CHRIST opposition will come. “Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.” Matthew 5:11


I was happy to help, 
Those that received it.
To make their path easier, 
That they might succeed.

But when it was over,
I was rejected,
My soul left spoiled.
But CHRIST filled my need.


“If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.” John 15:18-19

“I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.” John 14:18











No comments:

Post a Comment