Searching

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Answered Prayer

Hear the right, O LORD, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.”  Psalm 17:1

There is a difference in the prayers we pray!  Some are spoken without urgency and others are deep and gut wrenching!  It is the last type of prayer David was praying. This was the same type Jonah prayed when he found himself in a place of great discomfort, “When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.” Jonah 2:7.  These two along with many others throughout GOD’s word found relief through crying out to the only One that has the ability to answer!

The first qualification for answered prayer is a heart made righteous by trusting the only One that has the ability to answer, JESUS CHRIST! Without Him prayers are just wind and hopeless thought!  The second is living a life that honors the LORD!  In both cases it is crying out to GOD that makes the difference!   

I prayed a prayer that CHRIST did hear.
He heard my petition when I came near.
The answer came with a quick reply.
“I Forgive!” Now on JESUS I do rely!

I had prayed so many times before
But this time how my heart did soar!
I never imagined it could be like this!
I’m free at last and I have such bliss!

Now when I bow and go to my knees.
My prayers He hears it’s Him I please!
Now longer do my words drift and fly.
They go to CHRIST in Glory! I do testify!

“The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” James 15:16

No comments:

Post a Comment