Searching

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

GOD or god

For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?”  Psalm 18:31

There are many gods in this world but there is only one GOD!  It is a simple thing to explain what a god is but when you try to explain the one and only true GOD it is something else!

The easiest way for me to explain GOD is by His action.  One look at a clear dark sky lit up with tiny glittering stars pasted in the heavens is an indication of His power in creation.  The smell of the evergreens in the forest or the fragrance of the flower all point to the One GOD!

The lion of the field and the bear of the woods, the tiniest insect and the eagle, a blade of grass and a giant redwood, all is the action of a GOD!  I look at the sun in the morning and the moon at night, I feel the breeze of the air and smell a fresh rain and I see GOD!

I see GOD when I remember what He did for me.  He reached down from His high place in Glory and forgave me of all my filthy sins.  All of them!  He took my hand and told me He would never let me go.  I have attempted to return to old ways but GOD draws me close to Himself! 

I’ve witnessed GOD answering prayers that couldn’t be explained any other way!  It is GOD!  I live by faith and GOD honors it.  He reveals Himself to me daily.  He laughs with me and He cries with me.  He comforts me when I am in distress.  He has never told me a lie!  What He says in His Word is pure truth and I am lifted to high places when I read it. 

Let me ask you a question.  Can I say the same things about a god?  I think not!  They are made of gold and silver that tarnish!  They are made of wood that crumbles.  They are money that you lose just like all things you make a god out of!

This simple statement made by my friend, Lester Roloff puts things in the right perspective, “You’re not going to take a U-Haul to Heaven”!  Perhaps some of us need to put our minds more on GOD then gods!  

Who is GOD? He is JEHOVAH!
With all authority and majestic strength!
His ability is awesome, He’s mighty in power!
He can’t be measured by width or length!

No greater love can be found without Him.
He alone is love in its greatest degree!
His compassion is plenty! His pardon is real!
Oh the great love God has for you and me!

All other god’s that you see by your vision.
They tarnish and crumble they come to waste.
But oh my friend not the mighty JEHOVAH!
He lives forever no greater love can you taste!

CHRIST is the Answer!

“The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and  righteous altogether.  More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.  Psalm 19:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment