Searching

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Six Simple Words

For thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle: thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me.”  Psalm18:39

I base my salvation upon the Word of GOD and what it tells me I must do to obtain it! 
Although my heart tells me I should do some great deed and live my life by adhering to the entire commandments written in the Bible, as I read it I find that all my righteousness is as filthy rags! It is impossible for me to do anything good enough to receive true salvation!

I must depend on the work of JESUS who is the brightness of GOD’s glory and the express image of His person and the incredible sacrifice He made for me on a cruel Roman cross!  It was JESUS who lived perfect, kept all the law, tempted and yet never sinned; it was JESUS that took my place!

Over the ages great theologians have tried to declare this so great salvation with words that are most difficult to understand by the normal mind but when Paul was ask, “What must I do to be saved?” he gave his answer with six simple words, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ” and that is what I have done!

GOD has encircled my life,
He cares for my soul.
He gives me strength
He makes me whole. 

There is no other way
To find satisfaction sweet.
I love you my JESUS!
My salvation complete! 


“Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;Titus 3:5



No comments:

Post a Comment