Searching

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Peace through Power

Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies; that I might destroy them that hate me.”  Psalm 18:40

My biggest enemy is myself or should I say the flesh that has me bound.  Its power seizes me and tears at my very being.  It strangles me with its desires that holds me back from what my LORD wants of me.  There is a groaning within my heart for freedom from its clutching power! 

How often I have wanted the strength to take this enemy by the neck and squeeze the life from it.  I hate the hold it has on me!  My own strength is not enough. I can’t do it on my own! 

These are the repetitious sins that I try to put away and never do again; they are broken promises to me and to my LORD, they go on and on and on!

The conclusion to this dreadful state is this, as long as I try to fight on my own, there will always be never ending battles.  It is GOD’s power that gives the strength, “Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies; that I might destroy them that hate me.”!

O the power we have in JESUS
O the wonders of His might!
He alone is our protection
He destroys sin from His sight!

He’ll take the things that constantly harm us.
And by His power He will destroy!
Never to worry CHRIST is with us
O my JESUS, Your powers deploy!

“Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.Romans 5:9




No comments:

Post a Comment