Searching

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Don’t be a Loser ( Know where your strength comes from )

“The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed.” Psalm 28:8


I say the following, not to boost but rather to make a point.  I have had people tell me, you are a good person.  I always tell them, in me there is no good.  If there is anything good about me it is the CHRIST that lives in me.  I would say if people saw the real me, I would have less friends and more enemies.  “The Lord is (my) their strength”

Some my say, GOD chose you because you are good.  If that were true we would have to dismiss what the Apostle Paul wrote in Romans 3:10-18.  “There is none that doeth good, no, not one.” Read the full text.  In Mark 10:18 JESUS says, “There is none good but one, that is, God.”  “He is the saving strength of his anointed.”

If we aren’t careful we can get caught up in ourselves and take the goodness of GOD and claim it as our own.  Understanding where our goodness comes from and who we really are keeps us humble.  When we lift ourselves to the place GOD only belongs we are of no earthy good to a lost and dying world. Isn’t this what Satan did? And he is a loser!


I’m assured of all my inadequacies. 
There is no good within myself.
I lack the virtue and the perfection.
I need the help from GOD Himself.

So I have trusted, and He has healed me.
Now my strength, comes from Him.
CHRIST has replaced the wretch within me.
All my goodness comes from Him.


“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” 2 Corinthians 5:21


No comments:

Post a Comment