Searching

Friday, September 9, 2016

Temptations Lure

“Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts.” Psalm 28:3


When we allow temptation to take hold of our heart and follower after its alluring way, we fall into sin.  Temptation is not sin!  Resistance to the urges it presents to us will defeat its overwhelming power.

Many times we are tempted by old habits, old friends and family.  Our desires can be very deceiving.  When old habits are presented to us we  forget the devastation they once had. When we yield to them we have returned to the pit CHRIST so graciously brought us out of.

Family and friends can be used to lure you.  Not because they are evil and want to hurt you. They don’t  understand and they haven’t tasted the grace of GOD!  We yield to their way many times because we don’t want them to think we place ourselves above them.  We defeat our purpose and sin when we join in with them.  We become hypocrites and it’s hard for them to see CHRIST in us.  This is double sin!

JESUS defeated temptations overwhelming power in the wilderness when He refused to be brought under its power.  If you think you can resist on your own, you are already deceived.  I believe David understood this when he wrote the above words.  


It seems so right and it looks so good.
What would it hurt to try it?
I have the desire, and I see my need.
Now all I have to do is commit. 

I’ll not trust myself,  I’ll look to GOD
He’ll direct my choice for sure.
Help me LORD, I need your help.
Keep me from temptations lure.



“And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.” Matthew 6:13

No comments:

Post a Comment