Searching

Friday, September 30, 2016

The Thundering Voice of GOD

“The voice of the LORD is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the LORD is upon many waters.” Psalm 29:3

Whether it is the sound of the torrential rain or the raging waters of the sea we feel the power of GOD in the sound of it. When we add to that the roaring thunder and strikes of lightning, we can’t help but feel we are in the presents of the ALMIGHTY.
I remember as a child in the northwest during the storm my mother, my brothers, sisters and me watching the glory of the storm through the window and sometimes on the porch. I remember the feeling of such awe. “The voice of the LORD is upon the waters”
Later in life while in Texas, the peace I used to have during the storm turned to fear. The sky would turn dark with great winds that turned in circles. Now instead of on the porch we hid ourselves in the bathtub with a mattress covering us. “The GOD of glory thundereth”
Whether it be in fear or peace, the sound of the thundering voice of GOD gives us just a glimpse of His power and might. Nothing man dreams up will ever compare to what GOD shows in just a storm. “The LORD is upon many waters”
I’ve heard the pitter patter
As the rain fell on the house.
A pleasant sound it was to me.
From my sleep I was aroused.
I listened and the sound it changed,
And fear replaced the peace.
Torrential waters pounding down
I fell upon my face.
I was on the sea when swells were there,
And the rains came pressing down.
I heard the voice of GOD, Himself.
There was thunder, and no one else around.
Oh, such power in His voice,
As it echoed through the sky.
From one end to the other.
GODs Glory, so nearby!

“And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices:” Revelation 4:5a




No comments:

Post a Comment