Searching

Monday, September 26, 2016

Where Strength Comes From

“Give unto the LORD, O ye mighty, give unto the LORD glory and strength.” Psalm 29:1


I wake every morning with the understanding of how much I need strength.  Strength is essential to complete what is put before us and yet I find myself always needing more than I have.   

Even as I write these words in the back of my mind I am pleading to the LORD for His help.  What good would it be for me to try and us my own strength when in myself, I am so weak?

It is a great tragedy when the Believer depends upon themselves when there is such a great power available in CHRIST.  Our words and our speech are meaningless without the presence of the HOLY SPIRT to guide them.  


I find myself wanting.
I lack in my strength.
Oh, my dear JESUS,
I lack at great length.

In You there is great power.
Please send some my way.
Without it I’m nothing.
For Your strength I pray.


“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”  Matthew 11:28-30









No comments:

Post a Comment