Searching

Friday, January 15, 2016

An Effectual Prayer


“Remember all thy offerings, and accept thy burnt sacrifice; Selah.” Psalm 20:3

How humbling it is to know JESUS prayed for me.  Yes, and for all in the future that put their hope, trust and full reliance on CHRIST!  I don’t know about you but when I read John 17 I’m always humbled and tear up when I read it.   When I read I feel His presence!  After all He lives within me!


Thankful for the prayers You prayed for me
Before Your Holy Father!
I know I will never be worthy enough.  
I’m so thankful for the honor!   

This expression of Your love,
Is far from my understanding!
I’m unable to go on without Your help.
What I face is so demanding!

Fears expelled, relief excelled!
I’m forever in Your presence!
Once I sat alone with out hope.
Now surrounded in Your essence!

When my Father you find me
In the way of need!
Hear the words I speak to You.
It’s through the Son I plead!

In JESUS alone, He took my place,
His sacrifice is done!
When you look at me Father. 
Look only through Your SON!  


20Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. 24Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.


25O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. 26And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.  John 17:20-26

No comments:

Post a Comment