Searching

Sunday, January 24, 2016

I Remember When


Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God. Psalm 20:7


I have been blessed with a good memory.  My wife is always amazed by the things I recall  from the past.  I can remember way back in the early days of my childhood.  Some were beautiful and others were very sad.


As a believer I also have a good memory and like my childhood there have been good and wonderful times and some that have brought great sorrow.  Looking back there is one constant fact that determines the outcome of victory or defeat.  Depending on myself always brought defeat, but when I depended on the LORD there was always victory!


When I look back
On battles won,
I’m for ever thankful 
for GOD’s pure SON!  

When I remember
The ones I’ve lost.
Tried to do myself
They had great cost!

Not by the chariot 
fixed for war,
Or the mighty horse,
At the battles door!

Every battle 
that has been won,
Came not from self,
But through GOD’s Son!


“To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.” Jude 1:25

No comments:

Post a Comment